Sunday, March 9, 2014

SaiGon 2 Vietnamese Restaurant - 1250 Bethlehem Pike Hatfield, PA 19440

In an attempt to experience more kid friendly Vietnamese food I went to Sai Gon 2 in Hatfield, PA… let’s just say my experience could have been much better. First, when we got there there was no one to greet us because the front desk was really the BACK desk. So, we seated ourselves. After finally getting a menu, we looked through and decided on what we wanted to get. After about a half hour of waiting, a lady came to take our orders. We told her what we wanted, she collected our menus and headed into the kitchen.She came back with our drinks first. I ordered green tea bubble, and my mom ordered a mixture of orange and pinapple juice. First off, the green tea bubble was terrible. The green tea part tasted like ground up matcha green tea pocky.pockypic (shown to the right) Otherwise, the orange and pineapple juice blend was ok. Approximately a half hour later, our waitress returned with my parent’s Pho only, and left. “You can start eating guys,” I said but my parents were kind enough to wait for my meal. : ) 5 or more minutes later, my meal, which was Shrimp stir fried with vegetables was placed on the table. saigon picAgain, our waitress left quickly which was odd because the restaurant was not crowded at all. My shrimp was a bit spicy, but I enjoyed that. But, the tails were still on my shrimp so I had to eat the meat and leave the tails on my plate. The vegetables were delicious, and my meal came with a cute carrot shaped like a flower. Also, there was a plate of sticky rice on the side, which I find very delicious. Half way through our meal, the people who were sitting behind us-their baby started crying. The baby cried until a little bit before we left. Slow service means unhappy kids! My Dad was not a fan of the Pho. It was too salty. This place has tv’s, but they play the news. They  have few decorations, but posters of food they sell. It doesn’t really have a restaurant feel.


Hey Kids!


There is no kid’s menu, and with the slow service… not a kid friendly place!


Hey Parents!


This is NOT a place that you want to take your kids. Sure they have tv’s and good food, but the service is horrible.


This place DESERVES 1/2 a thumb up out of two. The food was ok, it was clean, but the service was terrible. They never checked on us to see if we enjoyed our meals, OR worse yet, never refilled our waters.


They don’t have a website but you can visit their Facebook Page at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Saigon-2/122698431155751


I found myself disappointed, which is why my review is the way it is. My parents also said that for the price, it should have been comparable to the others we have visited. Not the case.


Brooke



SaiGon 2 Vietnamese Restaurant - 1250 Bethlehem Pike Hatfield, PA 19440

No comments:

Post a Comment